Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Dashner family caricature


What happens at Comic Con?  Magical things happen at Comic Con.  I've attended all 3 of them in Salt Lake since they began 3 years ago.  I enjoy meeting lots of artists who have the same passions I do. I got lucky enough to sit in on a panel where James Dashner (author of the Maze Runner series) was speaking with Brandon Mull.  During their speaking, I drew caricatures of each of them.  My had was shaky and I was nervous.  I gave them the caricatures afterward and they seemed to appreciate them.  They were both kind enough to sign my books.  A few days later, I got a call from James' wife asking if I could do a caricature of their family!  I was excited to have the opportunity. 18.5 hours mostly in Manga Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment