Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hippo vs. Skeleton


So, a buddy of mine asked his 4-year-old boy what he wanted for Christmas.  His imaginative son said, "I want a hippo and skeleton shooting eachother in the dark."  He chuckled and then asked me what I could do with it.  I had some fun.  I partially followed a tutorial by one of my favorite artists Kevin Keele.  Here's the link:  http://www.beawesome.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-alive-digital-painting-tutorial.html.  I decided to show a couple stages of the piece, in case you wanted to see.  I also included a potential composition that got shot down (ha ha) but I thought it could have been fun.  17.5 hours Photoshop







1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you Matt. I followed the same steps in my newest post. You're image is way fun. Great job.

    ReplyDelete