Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Plein Air Cougar Park Painting 02



A return to the park and this time I was armed!  Or at least, properly gloved!  My wife was sweet enough to sacrifice some gloves she didn't want any more and they really helped cuz it's still not spring time weather out there yet.  I am much happier with this piece than I was with my first.  I felt much more comfortable this time.  10"x 8" acrylic.  2.5 hours.  I also felt pretty cool (literally and figuratively) because I figured out a fun easel setup.  Last time, I sat in a camping chair and tried leaning my painting against another camp chair.  THIS time I stacked one chair on top of the other, put a dinky little $3.00 easel on top of that, and it was the perfect height for me as I painted.  I'm sure that standing helped me stay a bit warmer too:) Here's the rig:

No comments:

Post a Comment